Circuit board relay manufacturer tells you the precautions for selecting relays
Where are circuit board relays used? Where are circuit board relays generally used?
Consumer electronic equipment, industrial machinery, control panels, medical and scientific equipment, communication equipment, and transportation. Consumer devices, from cell phones to ovens and stoves, include relays as part of their control circuits.
In the automotive industry, relays control doors, automatic braking systems, power steering, power windows, and sunroofs. Conveyor belts, elevators, and elevators also rely on relays.
The circuit board relay manufacturer tells you the precautions for selecting relays
(1) The temperature rise of the relay, especially the temperature rise of the AC relay plus the maximum ambient temperature should be less than the temperature resistance level of the selected enameled wire insulation material;
(2) Temperature changes will lead to unstable performance parameters of thermal relays, solid-state relays, and hybrid relays;
(3) Under high-temperature conditions, the resistance of the coil increases, and the suction voltage increases accordingly, resulting in non-suction or non-suction, resulting in failure of the relay;
(4) Under high-temperature conditions, when the contact switches the power load, the arc breaking ability is reduced, the contact corrosion and metal transfer are intensified, the possibility of failure is increased, and the service life is shortened;
(5) At low temperatures, water vapor condenses and freezes inside the relay, resulting in a decrease in insulation performance;
(6) Under high-temperature conditions, the insulating material softens and melts; under low-temperature conditions, the material cracks. The insulation resistance performance is reduced, failing;
(7) Under the alternating action of high and low temperature, the structure is loosened, and the position of the moving parts changes, resulting in out-of-control suction and release, and poor or no contact of the contacts;
(8) The ambient temperature range of the relay is determined by the product structure design, the properties of the selected materials, and the manufacturing process, and should be selected within the range specified in the product manual.
The phenomena that the relay is broken include coil burnout, inter-turn short circuit, contact ablation, thermal decay, inability to adjust the initial operating current, electric shock oxidation or electroburn oxidation resulting in poor contact, etc.
Test method: connect the control terminal to the corresponding voltage, and use a multimeter to measure the contact resistance. If the normally open contact has an unstable resistance value after the control terminal is energized, or is more than tens of ohms or even infinite (the normal resistance value is very small, in the milliohms), then the relay is bad; if there is a normally closed contact, it is also It is necessary to test the contact resistance value after the control terminal is powered off. If the resistance value is unstable or relatively large, it is also bad.
How to detect whether the relay is good or bad? How to measure the quality of the circuit board relay? The method of detecting whether the relay is good or bad:
1. When the relay is not energized, use the electric barrier of the multimeter to measure whether the contact (output terminal) is conductive. If it is conductive, it means that the relay is damaged, and the relay should be replaced.
2. Connect the relay to the circuit to make the relay work. At this time, use the electric barrier of the multimeter to measure whether the resistance of the output terminal is very small (close to 0). If the measurement shows that the resistance of the resistance contact is infinite or the resistance exceeds the standard value, it means that the relay has appeared. The malfunction requires replacement.
3. Use the resistance gear of the multimeter to measure the resistance of the normally closed contact and the moving point. The resistance value should be 0. If the resistance is large or unstable, it means that the contact is not in good contact.
The above is all the content about the relay brought by the editor this time. I hope that everyone has a certain understanding of the relay, the detection quality of the relay and the detection of other aspects, and the function of the relay through the above. Finally, thank you very much for your patience in reading. If you want to know more related content or more exciting content, please pay attention to our website.